The COBIT Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based
learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT
control framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing a
globally accepted IT governance and control framework. This course
explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT
framework in a logical and example-driven approach for everyone
interested in obtaining foundation level knowledge of COBIT.
Practical classroom exercises support the classroom presentations.
Candidates learn the true meaning of COBIT by practicing the use of
COBIT in a case-based scenario. The course includes an exam
preparation module, preparing
participants to take on the COBIT Foundation exam.
The purpose of the Foundation certificate is to confirm that a
candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5
guidance to be able to understand the enterprise Governance and
Management of Enterprise IT, create awareness with their business
executives and senior IT Management; assess the current state of
their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of
COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
The Foundation level training and certificate is also a
pre-requisite for the following training and certificate courses:
• COBIT 5 Implementation Training & certificate
• COBIT 5 Assessor Training & certificate
are no formal prerequisites for this course, but it is recommended
that the participants have some experience in the IT governance
Business Management, Chief Executives, IT /IS
Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT
Practitioners; Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an
insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be
certified as a COBIT Implementer or Assessor.
By the end of the course, you will be able to identify:
The candidate should understand the key principles and terminology
within COBIT 5. Specifically the candidate should know and
• The major drivers for the development of COBIT 5.
• The business benefits of using COBIT 5.
• The COBIT 5 Product Architecture.
• The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
• The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management
of Enterprise IT.
• How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic
manner for the entire enterprise.
• How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM)
help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and
• The basic concepts for the Implementation of COBIT 5.
• The basic concepts of the new Process Assessment Model.
• The COBIT 5 guides and how they interrelate.
Course Organization Logistics:
• 8 – 14 participants, 1 break-out room, Classroom, Projector,
white board, and flip chart
COBIT 5 is based on five key principles for governance and
management of enterprise IT:
Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End-to- End
Principle 3: Applying a Single, Integrated Framework
Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach
Principle 5: Separating Governance From Management