This 2 day instructor-led course will provide a technical overview of Apache Hadoop for project managers, business managers and data analysts. Students will understand the overall big data space; technologies involved and will get a detailed overview of Apache Hadoop. The course will expose students to real world use cases to comprehend the capabilities of Apache Hadoop. Students will also learn about YARN and HDFS and how to develop applications and analyse Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Apache Pig and Apache Hive. Each topic will provide hands on experience to the students.
Who should attend?
- Some prior programming experience is a plus
- No prior knowledge of big data or Hadoop is required
Anybody who is involved with databases, data analysis, wondering how to deal with the mountains of data (anywhere gigabytes of user/log data etc to petabytes will benefit from this program. This course is perfect for - Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Project Managers, Data Analysts, Business Customers and Team Leaders & System Analysts
2 days Instructor Led Course – 14 Contact Hours
- Learn about the big data ecosystem
- Understand the benefits and ROI you can get from your existing data
- Learn about Hadoop and how it is transforming the workspace.
- Learn about MapReduce and Hadoop Distributed File system.
- Learn about using Hadoop to identify new business opportunities
- Learn about using Hadoop to improve data management processes.
- Learn about using Hadoop to clarify results
- Learn about using Hadoop to expand your data sources
- Learn about scaling your current workflow to handle more users and lower your overall performance cost.
- Learn about the various technologies that comprise the Hadoop ecosystem
- Learn how to write a simple map-reduce job from Java or your favourite programming language
- Learn how to use a very simple scripting language to transform your data.
- Learn how to use a SQL like declarative language to analyse large quantities of data.
- Learn how to connect your existing data warehouse to the Hadoop ecosystem
- Learn how to move your data to the Hadoop ecosystem
- Learn how to move the results of your data analysis to Business Intelligence Tools like Tableaux.
- Learn how to automate your workflow using oozy.
- Learn about polyglot persistence and identifying the right tool for the right job.
- Learn about future trends in Big data and technologies to keep an eye on.
- Discover tips and tricks behind successful Hadoop deployments