Learn how to define and implement an effective Configuration Management Database with our CMDB certification:
The Configuration Management DataBase is a crucial underpinning source of information for an organization’s IT infrastructure, supporting the entire Service Lifecycle in an ITIL® context.
Without it, understanding, tracking and controlling the key elements of the organization’s services and infrastructure can quickly become an exercise in futility.
Understanding the terminology, concepts and best practices associated with a CMDB as expressed in ITIL is the key to its successful implementation and maintenance.
CMDB training and certification provides comprehensive insight into the concepts underlying the Service Asset and Configuration Management process, as well as related concepts in other processes across the Service Lifecycle
Who IS IT for?
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of how to create a CMDB and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- Other IT professionals for whom a better understanding of a CMDB may positively influence their role and activities.
- Understand, track and control key elements of an organization’s services and infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain a CMDB as expressed in ITIL through understanding the terminology, concepts and best practices.
- Provide an organized view of data and a means of examining that data from any perspective.
- Plan, deliver, operate, govern and assign priorities to business services.
- Combine data from across IT operations into a single, consistent data store.
CMDB has been recommended by IQC, an independent subgroup of itSMF International, as a complementary product to the ITIL® portfolio
You may also be interested in:
- FOUNDATION plUs (multiple-choice)
- Lean IT
- Service Catalogue
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.